Monday, July 23, 2012

Distractions

Hello Reader!

I know I've been missing in action for the last week, and I guess the title says it all. Distractions are every where this week. Freaky science fictions TV series, birthday parties, guest coming over, making dessert for a family gathering, and saying good bye (for now) to good friends, last week was one hell-of-a week.
Anyway, lets get on with the food part of this stuff. So I made, a tropical fruit tart, Berry and vanilla Panna cottas, as well as a small blue berry cream tart with the extra tart dough.
And yes, it was delicious. I spoiled myself, just a little. :)

I used Martha's Pate Sucree recipe which I love love love! It's easy, quick (kind of), and most important crisp and crumbly. Perfect for most any filling or sweet, dessert pie you want to make. And it holds up great if you want a free form pie.But I tweaked it a bit, the butter was to much for me, so cut it down to 1 stick (1/2 cup), and it worked fine.

So heres the recipe:

It makes enough for two 9 inch pies

Ingredients:


  • 2 egg yolks
  • 1 stick of butter (cut into cubes)
  • 1/4 cup of sugar
  • 2 tbs of cream ( or full cream milk is fine)
  • 2 1/4 cups of all purpose flour
  • a pinch of salt
Combine flour, salt, and sugar in the mixer bowl, and mix. With the mixer on slow, slowly add the little cubes of butter and mix till combined. Mean while whisk the egg yolks and cream or milk, and slowly add to the mixer. Turn on to medium speed ( be careful the flour may splash). When it looks like everything is combined, its ready. Scrape out the dough, and wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour. OR take little chunks of the dough and press in to the pan, then you and place it in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes and bake directly in a 350 degree oven until golden brown. Then wrap with plastic and freeze the rest.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment